Thanks to WeLikeEdwards.com

1.19.2008

Nevada.... What Happened? Were You Afraid?

As many of you already know, John Edwards has placed 3rd in the Nevada caucus with 4% of the vote (This is with 98% of the precincts being reported). I need someone to help me understand something. First of all, I understand this is a caucus and not a primary and the processes of how viability is determined isn't like our secret ballots.... but when I look back to just earlier this week, the polls showed a dead heat between Obama 32%, Clinton 30%, and Edwards 27%. Where were these voters they polled today? I have heard that Edwards supporters were out but they couldn't achieve 15% viability. In fact, one person I heard about said they were only missing one person to get the 15% so.... I wonder how often that happened? Either way, why go to Clinton? Obama? I would have stayed uncommitted. That is just my personal opinion though. Actually, I don't like the caucus system so that weighs more heavily in opinion with me.

Anyways, I know some people are going to view my following statement as whining but I am going to put it out there anyways.... I think some of the unions discouraged Edwards supporters to vote. There was word on the ground that Obama and Clinton have been complaining about that with each other's campaigns. However, I think it is the Edwards campaign that got shafted because, for example, the Culinary Union was telling their members "Obama or nothing" in a nutshell. If you remember an article I reported on awhile back with the announcement of the endorsement from the Culinary Union, there were a lot of members that allegedly supported John BUT the leadership was basing their decision on who was the most popular and not the issues. Therefore, John wasn't considered. How many of those 27% were too afraid to come out and vote for John because of the caucus atmosphere? To stand in front of their union leadership and fellow co-workers and vote against their endorsement? I know it won't be researched but I definitely think this played a major role. Call me a sore loser if you will but whether you are a Democrat, Republican, Independent, etc.... you can't deny this election is more about a high school popularity contest than the issues. "The first" this.... "the first" that.... in the end though, it doesn't' change where my vote is going Super Tuesday -- John Edwards.

The question is now.... is your vote still going to John Edwards? Are you going to ride the Clinton or Obama bandwagons because they have been dubbed "winners". You ask me why I support John Edwards? I'll tell you why this New York Papermaker's daughter (and family) have supported John Edwards since 2004!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still behind JRE 100%; like Steve McQueen, wondering what the Hell happened in NV yesterday.

WAAngel said...

This NY papermaker's daughter agrees with you 100%. I caucus for John Edwards Feb 9....and I will be viable or I will be uncommitted!

Go Sentinels! Go Edwards '08


Fair Media Now is not a representative of or authorized by any candidate or candidates committee.


Some entries on this page appear in their entirety. This is done in order to preserve articles due to the constantly changing nature of the internet and for educational and research purposes in line with Copyright law.