Thanks to WeLikeEdwards.com

1.21.2008

CNN SC Debate: Obama and Clinton Represent Change?

As you know, it was debate night tonight on CNN in South Carolina. I don't think I am alone when I say that CNN definitely was unbalanced in terms of coverage.... and that is an understatement. I plan on sending two letters of complaint -- one to CNN, one to Wolf Blitzer -- which will simply say, "Where was John Edwards? I didn't sit down tonight to watch mudslinging. Poor debate coverage tonight." Nothing more. Nothing less. I think that expresses how I felt watching the debate tonight. In fact, I can already predict the news headlines for tomorrow. It will be about the Obama and Clinton fighting. In fact, I don't even have to predict that because it is already happening on tv and in online news articles. It was like John wasn't there. This is exactly why I don't support Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton -- they want to sit there and personally attack each other to get ahead. OLD SCHOOL POLITICS PEOPLE! THIS DOES NOT.... I REPEAT.... DOES NOT REPRESENT CHANGE! Did you notice John stuck to the issues and their records. That's it. And what does that get John? Less airtime. We are supposed to be the party of unity for change. This is what change looks like? If that is the case America, we are in trouble!

With that said, I do have positive things I want to say about the debate. I want to give props to John for his patience. The only smart thing Wolf Blitzer said all night. I was so proud of him tonight. Proud to be a supporter of John Edwards. I, personally, don't think I could have had that kind of patience. I was mad for him. He really stood up for us. He gave us a voice. He was on fire when he spoke because I think he knew that his time would be severely limited versus the Obama or Clinton machines. Here is a great example, one of my favorite clips of the night:

1 comment:

Paula Pierce said...

Great contribution Kristin. That is my favorite part too ! He kicked butt with that response and his entire debate performance was A++. The man is in it for the long haul, he is certainly a man of committment and integrity and one who exemplifies qualities of a trusted advocate and leader.


Fair Media Now is not a representative of or authorized by any candidate or candidates committee.


Some entries on this page appear in their entirety. This is done in order to preserve articles due to the constantly changing nature of the internet and for educational and research purposes in line with Copyright law.