Thanks to WeLikeEdwards.com

2.19.2008

Obama Doesn't Recognize Our Voice?

I know many of you are chopping at the bit already about my title 'Obama Doesn't Recognize Our Voice'. I came across this article, The Courtship of John Edwards, which shared Obama's comments about what an Edwards endorsement could mean for his campaign. Obama was quoted to saying,

"I think John still has an enormous following, I think he has a lot of credibility and so we would love to have his support," Obama said. "But right now, what I think is most important is for me to make sure that I am getting out and talking to voters."

What will be "most helpful ultimately," Obama said, "is that the people have a sense that I will be fighting for them in the White House, that my priorities are their priorities. If they know that, then the endorsements will probably have less sway."

So, in my opinion, Obama has just reduced the meaning of John's endorsement. I too believe it is important to get out to the voters in the closing months of the primaries fight. However, we, Edwards Democrats, are still voters too in the general election. There are approximately 500,000+ and counting of us out there who support John Edwards. Our votes don't count? Our voices don't matter? If I remember correctly, as the author of this article pointed out, John Edwards said he would fight for me. Not Obama. He isn't into "fighting". All I have to say is that by him saying that people don't look to endorsements isn't swaying me towards him. I and many other Edwards Democrats are actively waiting to see who John endorses. It is important to me because he knows Clinton and Obama better than we ever will. I trust his judgement to choose a leader for this country.... if it isn't going to be John Edwards, then who? I find Obama's comments arrogant. He just brushed the meeting and endorsement possibility aside. However, if he really didn't think it would make a difference.... why visit John at all? I don't know about all of you.... but if there is one thing I know about Edwards Democrats, we are a well organized, hard working group of people. Who wouldn't want us backing them in the general election? Obama needs to wake up.

No comments:


Fair Media Now is not a representative of or authorized by any candidate or candidates committee.


Some entries on this page appear in their entirety. This is done in order to preserve articles due to the constantly changing nature of the internet and for educational and research purposes in line with Copyright law.