Thanks to WeLikeEdwards.com

3.08.2008

Interested in VP? "No Comment"

I am excited to share an article with you tonight called, "Chance meeting fails to score a scoop". Journalist Rosemary Roberts had the pleasure of scoring seats next to John and Elizabeth this past Sunday at an UNC-Duke women's basketball game in UNC's Carmichael Auditorium. Don't worry -- she didn't pester him as they were all there for the game and not a impromptu interview for the inside scoop to where John's head is at. However, she did manage to get a little bit out of him.... nothing groundbreaking but I will take ANYTHING at this point! Here are some of my favorite questions and answers:

"Senator Edwards," I began. (I'm never sure how you address former senators but I stuck with "senator.") "Are you going to endorse Hillary or Obama?"

I knew Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama had flown to Chapel Hill seeking his endorsement. After all, Edwards had finished third in the Democratic caucuses and primaries before dropping out.

Edwards smiled and replied to my endorsement question: "I haven't decided."

Next question: "Would you be interested in the office of the vice presidency?"

I was hoping for a scoop with this one. Headline possibility: "Edwards eager to be Democratic veep candidate!"

Edwards smiled and replied: "No comment."


John was as gracious as ever and all smiles. I was expecting, "I haven't decided yet" in terms of the endorsement. I am amused by his "No comment" response about VP because during the campaign he said he wasn't interested in being anybody's VP.... of course.... he was speaking as a man running to be the President of the United States and didn't want to look like he would settle for second best. Ms. Roberts also mentioned Elizabeth looks like she is doing fine considering her continuing cancer battle and recent loss of her father. I will leave you with a little note to make sure you read the article as there is a cute snipet in there about Emma Claire and her involvement in the pregame activities. Thank you Ms. Roberts for a little piece of Edwards post-suspension announcement news.

No comments:


Fair Media Now is not a representative of or authorized by any candidate or candidates committee.


Some entries on this page appear in their entirety. This is done in order to preserve articles due to the constantly changing nature of the internet and for educational and research purposes in line with Copyright law.